Attorneys You Can Trust
Free Consultation Offered
HOUSTON IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY
Immigration is a hot topic in the US – and especially in Texas – today. After all, we share a border with Mexico. With changing laws and more changes projected in the future, understanding your rights as a legal or illegal immigrant can be confusing.
Not only is the legal process for immigration complex, it is time consuming and expensive. If you are in this country illegally or you’re trying to gain legal entry, knowing who to contact at any time can give you peace of mind.
The Law Office of David A. Breston works on immigration cases regularly. We also employ bilingual attorneys who not only speak Spanish, but who also understand the intricacies of immigration law and how legislation will affect your life in a practical way.
If you have any questions about immigration law and citizenship, please reach out to our Houston team.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Immigration law isn’t a singular field of law. Rather, it is a wide-ranging umbrella term for laws regarding the rights of illegal immigrants who are brought into the system. This includes obtaining a visa or green card, defending visa or green card status, obtaining citizenship, securing sponsorship, and seeking asylum, among others.
Our team of immigration specialists has the ability to help you:
- File paperwork
- Expedite immigration processes
- Defend you in court
- Rectify mistakes made by applicants or the federal government
Maybe you’re facing deportation or trying to extend your visa, or maybe you’ve been accused of identity theft. As an immigrant of any kind, you have rights. Our team will fight to protect those rights while making the process easier for you to understand and handle.
IMMIGRANT RIGHTS IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
Understanding your rights as a visitor or permanent resident is part of the process when facing legal complications. As an immigrant in Texas, you have the right to:
- Speak with a lawyer – Citizens and non-citizens in this country all have the right to legal representation under the law.
- Remain silent – You must cooperate with immigration agencies and local law enforcement, but you do not have to speak with them. Politely refuse and ask for legal representation.
- Call someone after an arrest – Anyone who is arrested has the right to make a phone call.
- Leave questioning if you are not being detained – If an officer states that you are not under arrest or detained, you have the right to leave. But only leave after an officer has said that you may.
If you are a legal immigrant, always carry your documentation with you. Do not talk about your circumstances. Do not present falsified documents to law enforcement, and do not lie about your circumstances. If you are unsure or you are undocumented, ask to speak to an attorney and say nothing else. Encountering law enforcement in Texas can be a frightening experience. Try to stay calm and remember your rights.
HELPING WITH BUSINESS IMMIGRATION
If you are a foreign business professional, the complicated nature of immigration laws can be confusing. Our Houston employment immigration lawyers are always abreast of the changes in U.S. immigration law and can help you achieve your objectives. We have experience in, and can assist with, all types of business immigration law, including:
- H visa, including H-1B visas for professional workers; an H2 visa and H3 visa are available for special temporary worker situations.
- L visa, for intra-company transferees.
- E visa, for treaty traders and treaty investors.
- O visa, for extraordinary ability or internationally recognized individuals who have received national or international acclaim.
- P visa, for athletes, artists, and entertainers.
- R visa, for religious workers, including clergy, ministers, and other spiritual professionals.
Our firm also assists businesses with all aspects of immigration compliance and worksite enforcement, including I-9 verification.
BUILDING A DEFENSE IN IMMIGRATION CASES
Challenges in immigration are numerous, and no two cases are alike. Regardless of the obstacles you face, there is a path to a successful legal resolution if you have the right representation. Our team of immigration attorneys in Houston understands the state and federal level criminal justice system.
We also know how US Citizenship and Immigration Services operates when it comes to immigration. When we take on an immigration case, we will work to:
- Expose discrepancies and mistakes – The federal government makes time-consuming mistakes that affect immigration issues every day.
- Protect legal immigration rights – Many criminal charges are not severe enough to warrant deportation.
- Access relief remedies for asylum seekers – If you are fleeing from a dire situation in your home country, you may be allowed to stay, even if you were discovered as an undocumented immigrant.
Contact us today to learn more about the immigration process, criminal charges, and other immigration issues in Houston and across the state of Texas.
“David was amazing with guiding me through the immigration process…. He was always available and his assistant Myra made us feel so comfortable and valued! I would recommend them to anyone who wants honest and affordable help! Our case was approved thanks to his awesome team. Love them!” – Adan Kutaca
“Gave me hope when I didn't have it. Helped my husband with an immigration problem. I [have] no trust issues with his firm. Everybody was very caring and actually felt my pain as a mother of two. Met my expectations and kept me informed at all times. His firm is the place to go. I really wish there were more lawyer firms like this!”